About the 62 Impala

Shoestring 62' project

Follow along as I do a restro-mod of a 1962 Impala SS.

I am a Architect by training, and this is my first car restoration. I will be doing as much of the work as I can. I will be learning new skills (welding, body work, etc.) This is my hobby project so there are no time constraints just the pure joy of building and . I have always loved old cars and always wanted to restore one.

The goal for the car is to make a nice cruiser for weekend outings, and local car shows. Also I am planning on finishing the car and taking my Dad who gave me the car on the Power tour.

Milestone Reached

Well I made it to a milestone this last weekend. I have everything out of the car (except for the Windshields) and I am am ready to get it blasted and start the restoration and putting parts back on. The plan is to remove the windows this weekend and be ready to go with the car. I also have purchased a welded and am working on a body cart for the car so I can take it off the frame

1 comments:

Todd Greve | October 4, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Hello
My name is Todd Greve. I have been looking for a high resolution photo of a 62 Impala. It was my fathers first car and I was hoping to make a large print for him for Christmas. I saw your impressive restoration job (you should be proud). Is it possible to get the original high resolution digital photo of your finished restoration?
Thanks for your consideration.
tgreve@bellsouth.net

Post a Comment