About the 62 Impala

Shoestring 62' project

Follow along as I do a restro-mod of a 1962 Impala SS.

I am a Architect by training, and this is my first car restoration. I will be doing as much of the work as I can. I will be learning new skills (welding, body work, etc.) This is my hobby project so there are no time constraints just the pure joy of building and . I have always loved old cars and always wanted to restore one.

The goal for the car is to make a nice cruiser for weekend outings, and local car shows. Also I am planning on finishing the car and taking my Dad who gave me the car on the Power tour.

Froward movement


Well it has been awhile and the temperature is warming up where I can work in the garage again. So last night I started working on the Impala again. I am close to finishing the dissemble and then its steamed cleaning, and media blasting, and primer then the work of restoration will begin. My goal is to have the car primed by the end of April.

Here is the info on the transmission it is a Brog Warner T10 4 speed build at the beginning of 1961. it has the cast iron front housing and the Aluminum tail. It has a 10 spline input and a 16 spline out out. It needs a rebuild since it jumps out of second gear often. So I may be rebuilding it or replace it with a 5 speed t5 out of a mid 90 camaro

1 comments:

Ann | March 2, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Hi! Thank you for going through this. I came across your site and thought it would be
great for our clients with advertising needs. I am interested in buying text-links on your site.

If interested, please contact me at ann.joan@ymail.com now to discuss further. Thank you.

Regards,
Ann

p.s: please indicate your site URL when you email me.

Post a Comment