About the 62 Impala

Shoestring 62' project

Follow along as I do a restro-mod of a 1962 Impala SS.

I am a Architect by training, and this is my first car restoration. I will be doing as much of the work as I can. I will be learning new skills (welding, body work, etc.) This is my hobby project so there are no time constraints just the pure joy of building and . I have always loved old cars and always wanted to restore one.

The goal for the car is to make a nice cruiser for weekend outings, and local car shows. Also I am planning on finishing the car and taking my Dad who gave me the car on the Power tour.

Decoding

Since it is cold here in Idaho, and I am working on creating additional storage for all the parts from my car, and I am still just taking seats out and trim off so there are not a lot of great pictures to post, I have been working on decoding my car so here is the information so far

This is gathered form a host of sites but mostly www.348-409.com they have a lot of information on the codes etc.

VIN: 21847S262402 = 1962 Impala V8 2D sport coupe (hardtop) St' Louis, Mo serial#262402

Cowl Tag:
Month code: 5B= May 2nd week
Style: 62-1847 = 1962 Impala 2 door sport coupe 8 cyl engine
Trim: 867 = Fawn. Material type is: Vinyl (Impala SS coupe) Seat type: Bucket
Paint: 920 = Autumn Gold
Body: SL 46243 = Saint Louis Ser# 6245
ACC: 12H 1B =??????

What I have not been able to discover is what the Accessory codes for my car are and without a buildsheet for the car I am not sure where else to look I have spent a lot of time on the internet looking for information. I have discovered that the codes were different from plant to plane so a 12H on one car could be something different on a car from a different plant making it hard to figure out what the options were.

So if there is anyone out there that might be able to shed some light on those codes let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment