About the 62 Impala

Shoestring 62' project

Follow along as I do a restro-mod of a 1962 Impala SS.

I am a Architect by training, and this is my first car restoration. I will be doing as much of the work as I can. I will be learning new skills (welding, body work, etc.) This is my hobby project so there are no time constraints just the pure joy of building and . I have always loved old cars and always wanted to restore one.

The goal for the car is to make a nice cruiser for weekend outings, and local car shows. Also I am planning on finishing the car and taking my Dad who gave me the car on the Power tour.

About the 62 Impala




About: This blog will follow the Restoration and customizaion of a 1962 Impala SS. The budget is tight, so I will be learning as I go body work, welding, and general repair and restoration.
This car has a unique history in how it came to be in my hands. A few years back my father entered a contest to win a classic 1962 Impala SS restored. Well long story short he won the car and a few years later gave it to me. We drove it and enjoyed taking it out, but it was in need of some work as I have been discovering.

So come along and follow along as I restore this classic car
The plan: To rebuild this car from the ground up into a mostly-stock car with upgrades to suspension breaks, and some custom touches. The final look of the car has not yet been set in stone but is centered around the idea shown below.


Concept Art for the Car

0 comments:

Post a Comment